Thursday, December 17, 2009

M*A*S*H Jeep by Tri-Star - 1982

sg
sg
You have to give the manufacturers of the M*A*S*H toy line credit--they gave it their all. Not only did they produce a line of figures (seen here yesterday), but they produced a surprising number of vehicles and tie-in playsets to go along with the figures.

This M*A*S*H Jeep is a fairly pricey item to find nowadays, especially still complete and in the box. It even comes with an additional action figure, an all-purpose G.I. (which I've named "Goldman") which bares a resemblance to the Hawkeye figure, save for his blond hair. I don't know this for a fact, but I'm pretty sure this figure was never sold separately, making it exclusive to the jeep, ambulance and chopper sets (the last two I have not been able to get a hold of yet).

Interesting little tidbit on the back of the box: they picture the action figures available, and Tri-Star chose to show the Klinger in Drag figure, making the one dressed in standard fatigues the "variant", I guess.


1 comment:

Radar Hat said...

Guess I better start keeping an eye out at estate sales. You never know.

What's going on with the kid making a mean face for the Special Offer?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...