Wednesday, May 27, 2009

M*A*S*H Field Hospital Playset

sg
Now this is an interesting little item!

As the blog header indicates, I had always planned to include some of the M*A*S*H toys on the blog, when the time was appropriate (most, of course, come from around 1982/1983, but there are some exceptions). But, as far as I knew, there really weren't any M*A*S*H toys from the first few years of the show.

Then I was sent the above graphic by my pal Brian Heiler, of the great blogs Plaid Stallions and Sitcom Diablo--apparently, around 1974/1975 there was a "M*A*S*H Field Hospital Playset", complete with caricatures of the some the 4077th right there on the box! As Radar would say, "Holy Cow!"

I never knew this little beauty existed, but now of course I'll be haunting eBay regularly to see if one ever pops up for sale.

What to me is most unusual about this set is who is represented on the package:
sg
...I can't say for sure, but that looks a lot like Trapper to me (along with Hot Lips and Hawkeye), making it, as far as I know, the only piece of M*A*S*H merchandise to specifically feature the character.

Thanks Brian!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...