Monday, March 12, 2012

M*A*S*H's Greatest Hits: Margaret

sg
Okay M*A*S*H fans, it's Week Four of our Greatest Hits series, and it's Major Houlihan's turn!

Below are what I think represent Margaret's ten best episodes from her time on the show. As before, you can click the link to revisit each episode's recap, and then go ahead and vote in the poll in the sidebar!

Margaret's Greatest Hits:

"Hot Lips and Empty Arms" (Season Two)
"Iron Guts Kelly" (Season Three)
"Deluge" (Season Four)
"Margaret's Engagement" (Season Five)
"Hot Lips Is Back In Town" (Season Seven)
"Are You Now, Margaret?" (Season Eight)
"Stars and Stripes" (Season Eight)
"Father's Day" (Season Nine)
"The Birthday Girls" (Season Ten)
"The U.N., The Night, and the Music" (Season Eleven)



Our results so far:
Hawkeye: "Sometimes You Hear The Bullet" (Season One)
Trapper: "Kim" (Season Two)
Henry: "Abyssinia, Henry" (Season Three)


7 comments:

Russell said...

What, you didn't include The Nurses or Temporary Duty (or whatever it was called when Goober took Hawkeye's place and Margaret's old friend shows up)? Two of my favorite Margaret episodes.

rob! said...

Ah, crap--I totally goofed not including "The Nurses", at the very least. I will fix this in a few days...

Bill said...

The problem with "The Nurses" is it comes right before the big Penebscot Season 5 story arc. You either go with two from that season or choose one. "Margaret's Engagement" shows off Swit's comedic side much better, and features character growth as well.

You almost need two polls here, a "Hot Lips" poll for the earlier seasons and funnier Margaret moments, and a "Maj. Houlihan" poll for after she got serious. She's really two different characters to me.

I picked "Deluge" and will stick with that, even though I prefer "Hot Lips" to "Margaret" generally. She has her best moment in the show in that shower with Potter.

Russell said...

BTW, Rob, Loretta Swit is definitely a "she." You cut and pasted "...from HIS time on the show." ;-)

rob! said...

Ugh. I feel like I should delete this post and poll and start over...

Radar Hat said...

Can I offer a write-in as one of my top five Margaret episodes?

"The Nurses" - on this scene alone;

"Did you ever once show me any kind of friendship? Ask my help with a personal problem? Include me in one of your little bull sessions? Can you imagine what it feels like to walk by this tent and hear you laughing and know.... that I'm not welcome? Did you ever once ever offer me a lousy cup of coffee?"

I'll vote in the poll too. Good picks, by the way.

Radar Hat said...

Sorry, I didn't realize that had been addressed already.
;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...