Monday, January 11, 2010

Super Mag #6 - 1983

sg
I never heard of this magazine before until I saw this issue for sale on eBay. Judging by its contents, Super Mag seems like a Dynamite-ish magazine for kids. Was it sold on newsstands? Like I said, I never saw it before, and I spent a lot of time at newsstands as a kid.

The main article is a little strange, because the writer ponders whether M*A*S*H will be cancelled. Didn't everyone know going into the 11th season that it was the planned end, and it wasn't being cancelled by the network? Jeez, I knew that, and I was only 12!

More interesting are these pages featuring shots of the cast outside of their M*A*S*H roles:
sg
sg
That shot of Harry Morgan and Jean Stapleton inspires more questions than it answers!


3 comments:

Russell said...

That's a scene from the play "You Can't Take It With You." I don't know when they put it on, probably in some Summer Stock somewhere. That is definitely Harry Morgan as Mr. DePenna and Jean Stapleton as Penny Sycamore. I should know...I played Mr. Kirby in my local production back in 2002!

Anonymous said...

Morgan and Stapleton starred in a made-for-TV version of "You Can't Take It With You" in 1979.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0195426/

Eric said...

For the record, SuperMag was a digest-sized magazine that was part of the bundle sent out by the Weekly Reader Book Club. So it was a mail-order exclusive, and definitely not sold separately.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...