Wednesday, September 8, 2010

M*A*S*H on The Simpsons, Part 2 - 2002

sg
I found yet another M*A*S*H reference on The Simpsons today, this time in a thirteenth season episode, "The Half-Decent Proposal."

In the episode, Marge receives an offer from former boyfriend, now-internet zillionaire Artie Ziff to spend the weekend with him for a million dollars. Marge, at a low point in her marriage with Homer, agrees. Artie picks her up in his private helicopter, and as Marge watches Homer from above, "Suicide is Painless" begins to play.

Not only that, but Homer has left a note for Marge, written in stones:
sg
I wonder how many people got the reference at the time--M*A*S*H had been off the air for almost two decades, after all.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this when I saw it ... I was like "MASH! MASH!" Good stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...